Based in Sydney and reporting to the Chief Data and Technology Officer, the Enterprise IT Business Manager is responsible for raising the level of maturity and harmonisation of Information Management (IM) and Information Technology (IT) activities across Austroads, and its three distinct business areas, being the Austroads work program, NEVDIS, and Transport Certification Australia (TCA).
The Enterprise IT Business Manager will work closely and collaboratively on corporate strategic matters. The role will also work with management and technical leaders within the businesses to ensure that policies, processes, and systems are adopted consistently. They will develop and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders and providers, and assist the businesses with identifying external opportunities, including leveraging current systems.
The role is responsible for:
- Contributing to Austroads governance, strategic planning, and business management
- Setting objectives, policies and strategies for information management, information technology for Austroads while ensuring we have “fit for purpose” IT systems and processes
- Analysing the costs, value, and risks of technology to provide advice to managers across the Austroads business units
- Managing the development and delivery of IT policies and procedures
- With the Austroads and TCA managers, developing and implementing effective management systems to monitor, evaluate and report on Austroads and TCA’s IT and cybersecurity position
- With the Enterprise Security Manager, monitoring and mitigating risk through the development of strategies to address issues of compliance, cybersecurity, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Managing Austroads IT Service Providers and contracts. Guide and participate in the tendering and management of IT vendors
- Maintenance of Austroads’ IT Operating model
- Management of the IT budgets and lifecycle management of assets
- Management of Austroads’ hosted environments
- Managing the delivery of End User Computing to the organisation through the IT Manager
A successful candidate will need to present a professional image and build strong relationships across the enterprise. Specifically, the role requires:
- Commitment to service excellence and continuous improvement in relation to technology and data-based services
- Commercial acumen, high emotional intelligence, diligence, and drive
- Being a self-starter
- Hands-on leadership style
- Culture of delivery and closure on issues
- Astute risk management
- Sound judgment and analytical / evaluative skills
- Well-developed relationship management, communication, consultation, and negotiation skills
- Comfort working in an evolving environment.
View a copy of the position description
For more information or to express interest in this role, please use our online form to contact our Human Resources Manager.
Last updated on 8 March 2023