Based in Sydney, the Senior Business Analyst provides support to the Enterprise Solutions Manager and the broader team to ensure successful completion of information technology projects and tasks to support the realisation of Austroads’ business focus and strategic plans.
Austroads comprises several business activities, including the core Austroads work program, the National
Exchange of Vehicle and Driver Information System (NEVDIS), and Transport Certification Australia
The role is responsible for:
- Working within a team to perform high-level business analysis and develop high-level solutions, business cases and data models.
- Conducting detailed business analysis in collaboration with the team and stakeholders, including developing detailed requirement specifications and ensuring alignment with existing systems and strategies.
- Mentoring and providing guidance to other team members undertaking detailed business analysis.
- Providing effective testing services by creating test plans and test cases, conducting system testing, and resolving issues to ensure that all business and technical requirements are delivered.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with peers, external stakeholders and outsourced service providers to facilitate implementation of systems and enhancements.
- Providing project management services for applications development and operations (business-as-usual) projects.
- Ensuring quality assurance by applying procedures and analysing and resolving issues or gaps between business requirements and implemented solutions documentation in partnership with team members.
- Providing subject matter expertise and third-level support to the team and stakeholders to explain systems, resolve complex data/application issues and conduct data quality audits to maintain data integrity.
- Reviewing and providing input to projects, services, implementation plans, and strategy as required.
- Understanding, managing, and providing guidance to operations/applications configuration, data migration, change deployment and operational handovers.
- Conducting other tasks as directed.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience:
The Senior Business Analyst will possess:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a senior business/system analysis role in ICT applications
- High-level analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced ability to operate at strategic and operational levels, and proven ability to think at high-level/big picture and detailed level.
- Proven experience and highly developed skills in data, business, and functional analysis; data
modelling; process mapping; and designing and writing business systems specifications.
- Advanced ability and proven experience in requirements development; data modelling; design and business systems specifications to support changes; and the development and implementation of business systems.
- Excellent practical experience with relational databases and understanding of SQL script writing.
- Sound knowledge of web services frameworks, messaging systems (e.g., MQ Series) and information technology issues.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience in business analysis, project management, development, testing, quality assurance, and deployment lifecycle methodologies and activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and proven ability to negotiate with people at all levels internally and externally.
- Experience in liaising and managing stakeholders with state/territory and national entities.
- Ability to manage issues and tasks with a high degree of confidentiality, reliability, discretion and flexibility.
- Excellent task and priority management skills. Organised and able to meet deadlines.
A successful candidate will need to present a professional image and build strong relationships across the enterprise. Specifically, the role requires:
- Commitment to service excellence and continuous improvement in relation to technology and data-based services.
- Commercial acumen, high emotional intelligence, diligence, and drive.
- Being a self-starter.
- Hands-on leadership style.
- Culture of delivery and closure on issues.
- Astute risk management.
- Sound judgment and analytical/evaluative skills.
- Well-developed relationship management, communication, consultation, and negotiation skills.
- Comfort working in an environment which is constantly evolving.
For more information or to express interest in this role, please use our online form to contact our Human Resources Manager.
Last updated on 26 October 2023