Based in Melbourne and reporting to the Enterprise Data Manager, the Senior Data Insights Analyst is responsible for the operation and ongoing development of Austroads’ data insights platform and capabilities, enabling the team to deliver high-quality insights in line with Austroads strategy.
The role is responsible for:
- Providing technical leadership and data analytics to ensure Austroads maintains a high-performance, reliable analytics platform and tools suitable for delivering on project requirements
- Undertaking complex statistical and analytical projects, while monitoring project progress against key outcomes and treating project risks
- Providing input to the technical development of Austroads evolving data insights capability, in line with Austroads business requirements
- Translating data analysis into succinct insights, including developing creative data visualisations and interactive data tools
- Coordinating and collating information and documentation to ensure the integrity and repeatability of processes and tools
- Documenting analysis, findings and recommendations in a structured manner that is easily understood by a broad audience
- Delivering quality, accurate, timely and effective outputs that meet the expectations of the Australian Government
- Managing multiple competing priorities in a changing environment
- Working collaboratively with all Austroads Divisions
- Exercising diligence when making decisions, adhering to the requirements outlined in the Delegations of Authority
- Maintaining and adhering to quality systems, processes, and procedures relevant to the role.
- Demonstrated interest in the use of data to inform public policy and the ability to interpret technical data into clear and cogent advice
- Motivation to independently deliver ongoing improvement to systems, processes and tools
- An ability to work autonomously and manage competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, successfully adapting to changing demands and conditions
- Exhibit impartiality by taking a balanced approach to dealing with conflicting perspectives.
A successful candidate will need to present a professional image and build strong relationships across the enterprise. Specifically, the role requires:
- Self-management and personal leadership
- Sound judgement and problem-solving ability
- Strong networking and teamworking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and learning
- Professional ethics and integrity
- Comfort working in an environment that is constantly evolving
View a copy of the position description
For more information or to express interest in this role, please use our online form to contact our Human Resources Manager.
Last updated on 1 June 2023