Based in Melbourne and reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Technical Project Officer will have responsibility and accountability for providing administrative and technical support to the Operations Division in the administration of the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) Back Office. In addition, the Technical Project Officer may provide support to other projects being implemented by TCA under the National Telematics Framework.
The role is responsible for:
- Applying professional and technical expertise to resolve technical issues, and to prepare and edit reports and correspondence
- Developing and maintaining documentation of processes and procedures to support the introduction of new initiatives
- Investigating technical and operational issues and developing detailed reports to present the findings of the investigations
- Liaising and providing technical assistance for internal staff, Members and other stakeholders as required
- Maintaining and adhering to TCA & Austroads Quality Systems processes and procedures
- Exercising diligence when making decisions, adhering to the requirements outlined in the Delegations of Authority.
You will need to present a professional image and build strong relationships across the enterprise. Specifically, the role requires:
- attention to detail
- ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- ability to problem solve under pressure
- readiness to make decisions, take initiative and originate action
- ability to deal with ambiguity, and successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions
- impartiality, taking a balanced approach to dealing with conflicting perspectives
- ethical behaviour.
View a copy of the position description
For more information or to express interest in this role, please use our online form to contact our Human Resources Manager.
Last updated on 2 February 2023