The Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) Monitoring Scheme is a scheme associated with the Telematics Monitoring Application (TMA) of the National Telematics Framework. TMA is a Level 2 Assurance application.
The scheme is administered by the Department of State Growth (DSG), Tasmania, to:
- permit access of Class I Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV) to the Tasmanian road network
- monitor the operation of Class I SPVs on the Tasmanian road network, including the ability to identify when Class I SPVs:
- cross certain bridges no faster than 10 km/h
- cross ‘do-not-cross’ structures
- travel on no-access roads.
To participate in the scheme, transport operators must conform with the requirements specified within the Notice published on the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator website. Enrolment in TMA is one of these requirements.
Find out more details on the scheme by downloading a copy of the Special Purpose Vehicle Monitoring Scheme document.
To offer services for this scheme, an application service provider (ASP) must be certified by TCA to offer TMA services. TCA must also approve telematics devices used in the scheme.
TCA will analyse data received through the TMA application, and reports will be made available via the Telematics Analytics Platform (TAP).
For more information on the scheme, please contact Janelle Shotton, Business Integration Manager, TCA. Phone (03) 8601 4600 or contact us.
Last updated on 22 June 2020