The National Telematics Framework facilitates the creation and use of applications and features with common infrastructure rules through a government endorsed digital business platform.
About the National Telematics Framework
The National Telematics Framework is a digital business platform consisting of infrastructure and rules that support an open marketplace of telematics and related intelligent technology providers.
The National Telematics Framework:
- Provides a national platform for the use of telematics and related intelligent technologies
- Supports different applications across regulatory, contractual and commercial needs
- Supports different levels of assurance
- Is outcome focussed and encourages innovation.
The adoption of the National Telematics Framework for the delivery of offerings and applications both for public policy and private decision making is a world first. It has positioned Australia as the leader in the delivery of such services through the advent of the digital economy.
The National Telematics Framework was established following a series of decisions made by Responsible Ministers between 2003 and 2008 and was globally recognised as an International Standard (ISO 15638) in 2012.
The National Telematics Framework brings together producers and consumers to create and utilise offerings and applications, which take advantage of the common digital business platform.
The National Telematics Framework consists of a common set of infrastructure and rules administered by TCA on behalf of Australian Governments.
This provides an ecosystem to manage relationships and interactions between four key entities:
- Authorities: Creators of Framework offerings and applications (govenment bodies, regulators, private sector)
- TCA: Administrator of the Framework and governance of participants
- Application Service Providers: Interfaces for the Framework (telematics and intelligent technology service providers)
- Transport Operators: Buyers or users of Framework offerings and applications (operators, drivers, end-users)
How to use the suite of National Telematics Framework Documents
The suite of National Telematics Framework documents consists of documents which describe the common components of the Framework, the different Levels of Assurance available and using applications within the Framework.
Click on the links below to access the documents:
Last updated on 19 April 2021