Transport Certification Australia (TCA) is a national organisation that provides assurance services relating to transport technologies and data to enable improved public purpose outcomes from road transport.
Priority outcome areas enabled by our services include improved road safety, transport efficiency, freight productivity, asset management and sustainability.
Key aspects of TCA include:
- An independent not-for-profit entity, with government oversight
- Administration of the National Telematics Framework, including its rules, specifications, agreements, digital infrastructure and other supporting services
- Assurance services that support but are appropriately separated from regulators, policy makers and enforcement activities, and underpin telematics applications and associated information and data services
- Advice that is based on evidence and a deep subject matter knowledge
- Trusted partner to both government and industry stakeholders, enabling a nationally consistent open market, with services covering all road vehicle types and associated digital infrastructure.
In all our work, we strive to uphold four core values of our organisation:
Integrity – honesty, impartiality, confidentiality and fairness.
Professionalism – passion and a commitment to excellence, teamwork and delivery of high-quality services
Innovation – a forward thinking commitment to research, development and continual investment in learning
Accountability – caring about the needs of others, respecting differing opinions, a focus of achieving outcomes, and a commitment to timeliness and financial responsibility.
Last updated on 13 August 2021