The Telematics Analytics Platform (TAP) is a secure, online data portal for visualising data collected from the vehicles monitored through the National Telematics Framework. TAP provides reports, analysis and visualisations based on vehicle location and mass loading data and shares that in a structured way with the relevant authorities.
Getting access to TAP
TAP is a secure portal for authorised users only. TCA will need to review your authority to access TAP data before issuing you an account. As part of the review process, we may also need to confirm your access with your manager.
- To request access to TAP, please email TCA at [email protected]
- Our team will be in contact with you to assist with providing you access.
- The Guide: Accessing the Telematics Analytics Platform
has additional information about how to log into TAP, after your account has been created.
Using TAP’s services
TAP includes five services, which you can access depending on your user access settings. Below are guidelines to using each of these services:
IAP Data Analytics and Reporting Service
- IAP Data Analytics and Reporting User Guide
User guide for all aspects of the IAP Data Analytics and Reporting service. This service is available for compliance officers with authority to access identifiable vehicle data in specific states that TCA supports.
Road Use Analytics and Reporting Service
- Road Use Analytics and Reporting User Guide
Provides information on getting started with the Road Use Analytics and Reporting service, with a focus on navigation, dashboards, filtering data and working with map views. This service is available for road managers and other authorised users having access to de-identified vehicle data.
Malfunction Management and Help Desk Services
- Malfunction Management and Help Desk User Guide
User guide for all aspects of the Malfunction Management service and the Help Desk service.
The below additional resources are available on request from TCA:
- Malfunction Management Service Interface Specification – for Service Providers
Describes the architecture and interface specification for the Malfunction Management service, as applicable to service providers.
- Malfunction Management Service Interface Specification – for Authorities
Describes the architecture and interface specification for the Malfunction Management service, as applicable to road managers (Authorities).
Enrolment Reporting Service
- Use this service to access statistics and reports about the number of enrolments in each scheme and application by jurisdiction, including unique vehicles, enrolments and number of operators.
- Authorised Compliance Officers can also access identifiable reports of vehicle participation in schemes, using the data to ensure compliance with conditions of access and other legal instruments.
For further information regarding TAP user documentation, please contact [email protected].
TCA also provides monthly TAP training sessions. To register for an upcoming training session, submit your enquiry here.
Last updated on 4 September 2023