TCA is involved in a number of Australian Standards committees, including:
- Standards Australia IT-023
- Standards Australia CS-077 (AS3547)
- Geoscience Australia PNT
Australia’s National Telematics Framework became an international standard in 2012.
ISO 15638: Framework for Collaborative Telematics Applications for Regulated Commercial Vehicles provides the following for cooperative telematics applications for regulated commercial freight vehicles.
- A framework for the provision of cooperative telematics application services for regulated commercial freight vehicles
- A description of the concept of operation, regulatory aspects and options and the role models
- A conceptual architecture using an on-board platform and wireless communications to a regulator or his agent
- References for the key documents on which the architecture is based
- Details of the architecture of the facilities layer
- A taxonomy of the organisation of generic procedures
- Common terminology for the ISO 15638 family of standards.
TCA is accredited by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for:
- Calibration of GPS Based In-Vehicle Units (IVU) for Speed Accuracy
- Calibration of a Vehicle with Digital Speed Display.
TCA’s NATA accreditation allows GPS based systems to be tested for speed accuracy.
Find out about our NATA accreditation.
Last updated on 6 January 2020