Webinar: Victorian Government’s Enrolment of Smart OBM
- Date and time
- March 17, 2023 1:00 pm - March 17, 2023 2:00 pm
- Austroads and TCA
The Department of Transport and Planning Victoria has announced 30 June 2023 as the final deadline to have Smart On-board Mass (OBM) systems fitted to certain High Productivity Freight Vehicles (HPFVs).
Who is affected?
The deadline applies to the following classes of vehicles:
- Vehicles more than 26m in length, with a Gross Combination Mass (GCM) in excess of 68.5 tonnes
- Quad-axle semi-trailers with a GCM in excess of 46.0 tonnes
What does it mean?
Beyond this date, the mass limits of these vehicles will be restricted if not fitted with Smart OBM, as presented below:
|Vehicle combination||Restricted Mass Limit |
(for combinations without Smart OBM from 30 June 2023)
|Mass Limit with Smart OBM|
|Vehicles longer than 26m||68.5 tonnes||85.5 tonnes|
|Quad-axle semi-trailers||46.0 tonnes||50.0 tonnes|
This webinar provides an over view of:
- changes and how they will affect transport operators traveling in/to Victoria
- steps required for signing up to Smart OBM
- importance of Smart OBM for the Victorian road network
- ways mass data from Smart OBM is being used by road managers.
A recording of the webinar is available below:
The following are the slides from the webinar: