The Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) has announced upcoming changes which will harmonise the use of National Telematics Framework applications for heavy vehicles in Queensland with other jurisdictions.
These changes will involve transitioning vehicles in the:
- Intelligent Access Program (IAP) to the Telematics Monitoring Application (TMA); and
- Interim On-Board Mass (OBM) Solution to Smart On-Board Mass (Smart OBM).
Vehicles affected by this change include:
- Class 2 Performance-Based Standards (PBS) A-Doubles
- Class 2 vehicles operating at HML
- Class 2 PBS Level 1 & 2A Truck and Dog Trailers operating at HML
- Some specified Class 3 Heavy vehicles
The transition will commence from 1 December 2022, with an 18-month transition period. Transport Operators may transition whenever they choose before the transition period ends on 1 June 2024.
Additional guidelines to support Transport Operators, Application Service Providers and system suppliers during this transition will be released prior to 1 December 2022.
Further information on this transition to come. For more details, visit: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industries/transport/heavy-vehicles/obm-tma-transition
Join TCA for a webinar 9 February 2023, which will provide participants with an overview of the changes.
Stay connected – subscribe to receive updates from TCA.